Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rescue on Pumori with Fabrizio Zangrilli.

This is a video that we produced for marmotpro.com. It is up there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out how one would get to it starting at the homepage. So instead, I've decided to post the video here.

Last Fall Fabrizio and I were on Pumori, in Nepal. Fabrizio had a client that was injured by a falling chunk of ice. This video is him discussing the accident and subsequent rescue. I wasn't on the mountain the day this happened. But I did wander into basecamp soon after his client had been put into a tent. I examined them and found some major problems which is when we made the decision that we could not wait for a helicopter to come to basecamp and had to evacuate to Gorak Shep where we hoped to find bottles of oxygen and more people to help.

1 comment: