Monday, May 25, 2009

Seattle International Film Festival

Went to two screenings of films today.

Earlier today I went to a screening at the Seattle Center of :"Three Minute Masterpieces," a short film contest held by SIFF and the Seattle Times. The film I shot was called "Three Minutes of Movie Masterpieces."

Timothy Watkins and Charles Forsgren's pastiche of movie history, filmed in and around Seattle, lampoons "Casablanca," "Psycho" and other screen classics.

I shot in on my HVX200, but unfortunately, they screened a version they'd downloaded off YouTube, so the quality was not very good at all.

The second film, "Black Coffee" directed by Tran Quoc Bao and written by Charles Forsgren and Tim Watkins was made for SIFF'S Fly Film Challenge. Shot on black and white 16mm film it was in the noir genre with nods to hitchcock. I was only a PA and so can't say I contributed anything much. But it was satisfying to see it up on screen. Good job everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome film man. I loved the thing about Tiramisu. No one can refuse that. Speaking of which, I ate your astronaut ice cream sandwich when I found it in Namche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out The English Surgeon opening June 19th at the Northwest Film Forum. This movie is incredible and I think you would definitely enjoy it.

    www. TheEnglishSurgeon.com

    ReplyDelete